2022/11/19

PaperArtsy blog topic#15 Paper, Seeds, Twigs

 


Hi everyone, I'm here to share with you winter land project using a selection of stamps designed by Gwen Lafleur. My project this time was cards and tags for the winter season, but I also made a shadowbox using all of the themes Paper, Seeds and Twigs. 


I've been wanting to share some of my Eco Printing work on the here for a while, and since the theme this time was Paper, Seeds and Twigs, I thought it would be a good opportunity. It's the season of fallen leaves, so I started by collecting various leaves and nuts that have fallen in the nearby park and my small garden. I did Crafty Patti's eco-printing as a reference.


I started the project based on these materials.


Now let's take a quick look at the general Eco Printing way. I have prepared these goods, this binder is not always necessary but I made  with a board and a bolt to sandwich paper and leaves. And watercolour papers.


Next I have prepared 1/3 cup of Alum mixed with 1 cup hot water added cold water to fill the two each 1.5 liters bottles. And rust water which made with Rustypowder.



Brush each piece of paper with the Alum water. Alum is also used medicinally as an astringent so it can be drying to your hands.



Continue to layer paper and the greenery and flowers. The cardboard paper layer the top and bottom of the watercolour papers.


Then put it in the binder and tighten the screw and place it on a cooking vat with net. In this case, if you have a large pot, that's fine.


A brick is placed on top of the binder as a weight. Add the rust water and onion skin to the remaining alum water before heating. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, turn off heat and 1/2 cup white vinegar to help set colour. Let it sit overnight.


These are the results of this Eco Print. There were some that worked well and some that didn't, but each of them seemed to be useful for something. In addition to watercolor paper, I also used thin washi paper, but since it was placed at the top of the layer, the color was dyed, but I couldn't print it in a clear shape. I think it would be nice if I could print well on washi, so I'm thinking of trying it at another opportunity.



I made three tags, card and shadow box used the Eco Prints. Now I will show you three tags.


I made the first tag using geranium leaf eco-print paper as a background. Print the EGL32 motif on piece of the eco-print paper with Tsukineko-Versa Fine Clair (Nocturne) to make it a focal point, printed the EGL31 script on the washi with Tsukineko-Versa Fine Clair (Acorn) then it tore off and hung it behind and also I painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic- Slate on the A4 white card, and the Cyrillic stamp of Gwen Lafleur stamp set 31 (EGL31) was embossed with white powder, cut and layered..



The second Tag.




The tag is decorated with 3 small tags against a fern eco-print paper background. The tag is decorated with 3 small tags using EGL30 and 31 stamps. The eco-print paper has the color of rust water and onion skin, so I don't need to add much skill, so I used snowflake here to make the motif stand out. The quote from Alison Bomber stamp set 21 (EAB21).


The third Tag.


The background of this tag was the eco-printed paper where the shape of the leaves could not be clearly seen, so I added PaperArtsy Fresco Finish ChalkAcrylic - Brown Shed and Toffee to create a natural color. Also I used EGL31 Islamic pattern with Tukineko Versa Fine Clair (Acorn) and (Morning Mist) print on it.


A small leaf part of eco-print was cut into a circle in the focal point, and an EGL32 Cell stamp was attached behind it.


Small EGL31circle stamps and EAB21 quote stamps were attached.






I used this eco-print paper for the card. I still don't know what this leaf is. 😅 But I decided on this because the flow of leaves little resembled a fir tree. 


I wanted to add some variation, so I painted Brown Shed, Toffee and Little Black Dress and used Snow Flake around them to keep the color down for the paper. On top of that, I wanted a little more variation, so I added the Cyrillic stamp of EGL31 with white and gold embossing powder, and randomly stamped the same stamp with Tsukineko-Versa Fine Clair (Morning Mist). I cut a circle out of 3 small leaf eco-print paper and used Ranger Distress Oxide-Vintage Photo and Distress Ink-Black Soot around it. As you can see in this picture, I originally planned to arrange the quote stamps like this, but the relationship between the circles was unclear, so I abandoned this plan.



Enlarged photo of part.


I used the EAB21 quote stamp to bridge the two circles.


Finally, I made a shadow box using all of this theme Paper, Seeds and Twigs.


I made a small circle with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - Caribbean Sea and Sea Glass, stamped EGL32 cell patterns using a stamp positioner, colored it with a color pencil, and stamped it again.


I cut out the cell patterns and drew highlights with a white gel pen and cut out each one.


After arranging the motifs, I found that the colors and shapes were OK, so I glued them onto black cardstock.


I measured the inside dimensions of the box, shaped the paper, cut it, and pasted it on the box.


For the outside, I painted PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic - Caramel, Toffee and Brown Shed onto the smoothy regular A4 white-card and stenciled PA234 and PA322 with Vintage lace then I stamped EGL31 stamp with Tsukineko-Versa Fine Clair (Acorn ).


Once the paper was dry, I embossed the EGL32 cell pattern with Ranger embossing powder Gold, Silver, White and Liquid Platinum and cut to the outside dimensions and pasted.




Now I have created a world inside this using the material of the theme. For the leaves, I cut the eco-print using rose leaves into a shape and colored it a little.




I then laid out collected maple leaves, acorns, rose hips, twigs and small pine cones in this box and splattered Snowflake.




The great thing about this project was that my husband and I enjoyed walking around a few parks looking for leaves and nuts and enjoying the wonderful autumn season. The second pleasure was the joy of opening the eco-prints, not knowing how the collected leaves would turn out, and the joy of working on the organic base. This time I thought to myself that the way to create something is to go into nature and feel in the smells of the air, the sounds and  colours that change with the four seasons without thinking about anything. Thank you for giving me this opportunity of the Topic. 
Thank you so much stopping by.
Etsuko xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for taking the time to stop by. Your lovely comments make my day and so much appreciated. Etsuko xxx