2019/03/16

PaperArtsy Blog Topic #3 Mail Art Envelope with ATC Pockets.



Hi everyone,  I'd like to share with you PaperArtsy Topic3 Mail Art  Envelope with ATC Pockets project using Darcy's stamps.
I thought mail art Envelope is a good idea to store ATC. and it's fun to make and fashionable don't you think?


I started by the model of an envelope and these is the size. The dotted line is the folding line and the diagonal line is the margin to paste.




On the outside of the envelope design, I collaged piece of book page on the A4 Smoothy white card, clear gessoing over the surface, and I dropped Caribbean See, Limelight, Chocolate Pudding and Claret Frescos with water.

After cutting the sheet of paper and making it into an envelope, I stamped the character stamp of EDY 20, EDY 23 on washi paper, painted with watercolor paint, stuck to a tear-off envelope, stamped by HP1006 and I roughly painted by white gesso, to finish sprinkled chocolate Pudding. The a string tie closure I used back side paper and embossing EDY09.


On the back side, I using the Gelli Plate, the first layer was made with Green Olive, Green Patina and Chocolate Pudding and Caribbean Sea Fresco, and the second layer using Caribbean Sea Fresco through the Tim's stencil.


After I added to the back side Darcy's EDY20, HP1006 by Archival Jet Black, and  Lin Brown's ELB31 stamp by embossing powder.


I made ATC cards and coins using Darcy's various stamps, these are EDY20, EDY23, EDY05, EM02, EM04, EM14.


My first thought in mail art is a handmade picture postcard, but It would be possible to create works with a wider way of thinking.
I enjoyed a little convenient ATC case and made it, but I could not be satisfied a little because the inside design was a bit heavy this time.
I think you have more wonderful ideas, I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Thank you so much stopping by.
Etsuko xxx

1 comment:

  1. Magical mailart - those Darcy characters are such fun!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for taking the time to stop by. Your lovely comments make my day and so much appreciated. Etsuko xxx