2021/04/10

A dream flying Paperartsy blog topics.

 

Hi everyone, it's Etsuko(My favorite things) with you today, I'd like share with you that Paperartsy blog project 'A dream flying' with beautiful new Lynne Perrella stamp collections.





When I chose the theme "Free to Fly" I immediately thought of this giant butterfly stamp and decided to use it to make a little notebook with Lynne's fairies in the centre of it as their wings.




So I started by making the base papers for the covers and the pages using Fresco Chalk Acrylic Paints on Gelli Plate. I used lot of Fresco Chalk Acrylic Paints by Blueberry, Mauve, Forget Me Not, Nougat, Snowflake, Pool, Sky, Turquoise, Blue Oyster Guacamole, Deep Sea and Byzantium.





I used the butterfly stamp to create the cover image and the die to cut out these butterfly shape of the notebook's right and left pages.


This is the book layer. Used Smoothy (Heavyweight) A4 white stamping card to stamped Lynne's fairies and center paper. For the rest of the paper I used thicker copy paper.


I stamped Scrapcosy's ESC18 script on a sheet of copy paper with Watering Can Archival and made it a little bigger than a wings.




I stencilled the wings on the right page to look like butterfly wings.


On the left side of the pages, where the back side of fairy's head are blank and have many different shapes so I have pasted a small stamps image.


After attaching the fairies to their wings, I wondered what to do with the paint on the fairies, but in the end I just coloured them. I'd like show you how to do it after this.


The cover is made of a single sheet of paper with no colour blank and here at last, comes this wonderful image of a butterfly LPC41. Also I used the same collection for the back cover.




It's such a great image that the stamp alone makes a big impact, but I used embossing powder on the butterfly crest to create the embellishments.

Please enjoy the whole note in video form.



I've made a mash-up of various stamps and stencils with Lynne's stamps, here are some of them.


The first page is a quote EAB11 from fabulous Alison's wings stamp, which is appropriate here, and the background is the same Gelli print paper used by Gwen EGL02 stamp. The stenciled TS034 fairy's wings crest by navy embossing powder .


Page 2 :  I added Gwen EGL05 leaves on the left page. For the fairy on the right I gave her a bird and for the wings I used Linda's PS044 and Scrapcosy's PS134 stencils.

Page 3: These flying butterflies EGL10 were the inspiration for the idea of filling individual spaces. I also gave her a bird and used the letter 'R' on Wings Scrapcosy's PS064 stencil.


Page4: Gwen EGL05's bird also makes an appearance, here she has a collaged hairpiece and clothing, and on the wings is Lin Brown PS006 ferns stencil that I first got and my favorite.

Page5: On the left, Gwen EGL02's pretty flowers are scattered, and on the right she is a mash-up of old and new (LPC005 and LPC049) as the stamps have a very similar touch and wings crest is Jofy's PS011 stencil.


Page6: On the left, using Gwen's EGL11 stamp and for the crest on the right wing I used the same TS034 stencil as on the first page.
 

Here's the last page, again using Alison's Quote stamp EAB11. Well these fairies have flown off into the silence of the night.


I was very happy to have the opportunity to project my favorite Lynne Perrella's new release, and I will be using this stamp again for various projects.
Thank you so much for visiting here today. 
Please take care and stay safe all.
Etsuko xxx








4 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous little butterfly shaped book with so many details to explore. I adore these Lynne Perrella stamps and greatly admire what you have created here. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous little butterfly shaped book with so many details to explore. I adore these Lynne Perrella stamps and greatly admire what you have created here. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous little butterfly shaped book with so many details to explore. I adore these Lynne Perrella stamps and greatly admire what you have created here. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for taking the time to stop by. Your lovely comments make my day and so much appreciated. Etsuko xxx