2019/12/10

PaperArtsy Blog Topic 'A Bit Sparkle ' my project 'Shaker Shrine’ ornament




Hi everyone,  I'd like to share with you PaperArtsy Blog Topic 'A Bit Sparkle ' and  this is my project 'Shaker ornament' with Ink The Dog's stamp on this fortnight topic 'A Bit Sparkle'.

Nearly a year ago, Stephanie Jones Rubiano's online workshop for printing shrink plastic and making a diorama at the shrine was very fresh and fun, so I wanted to share it on this project.
How to make this shrine is explained in detail on the Stephanie site Freebies video.


I have prepared three types of shrines made of MDF: scalloped circle, scalloped oval and heart. Although it is not shown here, it contains each clear acrylic of the same shape for these windows. 

First I stamped each images on a Smoothy A4 white card and
colored then scan it to PC. Next print the images on a white matte A4 shrink plastic. When printing on shrink plastic, the original image will be darker, so set the opacity to 75-50% and make the color a little light before printing. The shrinkage of the plastic is about 50%, and adjust the original image accordingly. Wait until the printed image dries well, cut it with scissors, put it in the oven toaster, and when the shape has shrunk, take it out and apply a little pressure with a tile on a flat surface.



These papers are used for the background and the back of the shrine. I used these colors are Caribbean Sea, Granny Smith, Eggplant Fresco paints and some Distress Oxide and white embossing powder on the smoothy regular A4 white card. And stamps are EM48, MN61, HP1006.


The side and inner layers are seen at the completion of the scalloped circle shrine. The boy's hat and clothes were drawn with colored pencils on the shrink plastic after printing. The MDF in the middle is slightly protruding to receive the acrylic window and I painted it so that the blue color was visible. The outer burnt color remains the same as when purchased, I added silver Dresden Trim. The top scallop circle was painted silver and added with rhinestones. I prepared various materials for the shaker, but for example, mica, glass glitter, sequins, beads, etc., and the good was beads that were not stuck on acrylic window. This size is 2.75”(7cm) circle, 0.6”(1.5cm) depth.


I painted silver color on the top of the scalloped circle and added rhinestones.
, shaker is silver beads.


Stamps used for the background and shrink plastics. EM48, WW4.


On the back of the shrine, I used the same paper as the background, stamped the WW4 script by Distress Oxide Vintage Photo, and embossed Alison's new EAB14 quote on black paper.


I used Glass Blue and Caribbean Sea for the scalloped oval at the top and a golden Dresden Trim on the side. The MDF in the middle parts is gold.
Size is 3.14” (8cm) height, 2.55” (6.5cm) width, 0.6”(1.5cm) depth.


From the front and hologram beads.


Stamp used for shrink plastic-HP1604EZ・HP1506EZ.


The backside, I used Alison's new quote stamp 'Happiness' EAB14.


Heart-shaped ornament, gold leaf on part of the side.
Size is 2.55” (6.5cm) height, 2.75” (7cm) width, 0.6”(1.5cm) depth.


Stamped with MN75 by Jet Black Archival on the smooth white card, cut into heart shapes and stuck it on the top MDF and the gold stars shrink plastic
was added to it. Pearl colored beads are inside.


Stamps used for these plastic-WW5, HP1506EZ and the crown LPC007.


On the back of the shrine I added Alison's new EAB14 quote.


A code was added so that each ornament could be hung on a wall or tree.


This is the last topic this year, and I'm really happy to have a really good time for a year. I'm always happy to be able to do what I want to do while crafting every day,
and I'm constantly struggling with things that don't go well. I always think I can do what I like someday.
Finally thank you for these great idea and fun Stephanie.
Have a great week and Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to everyone.
Thank you so much for visiting.
Etsuko xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful designs, great work. I enjoy seeing the pictures of the amazing crafts you make. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for taking the time to stop by. Your lovely comments make my day and so much appreciated. Etsuko xxx